Podiatry specialists treat conditions related to the foot, ankle, and lower extremities. Podiatry is closely related to orthopedics as ankle, feet, and lower extremities are all part of the musculoskeletal system and thus fall under the category of orthopedics.
Our Foot & Ankle Doctors
Lance Silverman, MD
Dr. Silverman is a skilled orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon practicing in the state of Minnesota. Since 2004 he has owned and operated Silverman Ankle & Foot – based out of Edina.
Timothy Felton, DPM
Dr. Felton works at Twin Cities Foot & Ankle Clinic. He is a Fellow of the American College of Ankle Surgeons and a Diplomat of the American Board of Podiatric Surgery.
Podiatry Conditions Treated
There is a lengthy list of conditions and injuries that podiatrists treat. Here are a few common foot & ankle conditions that our podiatry specialists regularly treat:
- Bunions – a bony protrusion that causes your big toe to push against your other toes.
- Hammer Toes – closely related to “mallet toes.” These deformities cause the toes to bend abnormally at the joints.
- Ankle Instability – ankle weakness or a tendency to roll your ankle that often results from an ankle sprain or injury.
- Achilles Tendonitis – Inflammation of the Achilles tendon.
- Turf Toe – sprain of the ligaments in the big toe.
- Ingrown Toenails – when a toe nail grows into the surrounding skin of the toe.
- Plantar Fasciitis – inflammation or degeneration of the plantar fascia, the band of tissue that runs from your heel to the ball of your foot.
Conditions of the foot and ankle can seriously impede your daily routine and functionality. Even seemingly small issues such as having an unstable ankle or a bunion can cause you to subconsciously change your gait, which can lead to even more issues. The problem become cyclical until you decide to take action towards treatment.
Minneapolis Podiatry Surgery
Non-surgical treatments may work to relive foot and ankle pain, but pain relieve with these conservative treatments is usually temporary. Surgery offers a more permanent solution and may be necessary to fully rectify the underlying issue. Below is a list of podiatry surgeries we perform at Greenway Surgery Center:
- Achilles tendon repair & reconstruction
- Ankle fusion & midfoot fusion
- Below knee amputation
- Peroneal tendon repair
- Foot fracture surgery
- Bunion surgery
Surgery scheduling is done through our providers. Please contact them directly to set up your appointment.